originalpuck: Hermione Granger with her nose crinkled up. (Hermione Ugh Face)
Morgan O'Friel ([personal profile] originalpuck) wrote2011-04-14 05:00 pm
NSFW

Canceling My Soap?! FU!

Ugh! ABC is canceling One Life To Live (and All My Children, though I don't watch that one)! This'll be my second soap that's been canceled while I've been watching it (my first, which still holds a special place in my heart, was Passions). I was just seriously getting into OLTL, too, after watching it for a couple of months. I-just- *angry face*.

And what do the big wigs mean that soaps aren't relevent anymore? Fuck that shit. I was raised on soaps (my parents were raised on soaps), I fell in love with some of my own, and, with any luck, I hope to be able to watch soaps until I die. *grumbles grumbles*

I guess I might've seen this coming. I'd been nervous lately about my soaps, with all this chat about how soaps aren't relevent, and the cancelation of As The World Turns, but this is just so bummery. Ugh. Now I guess I'll just have to go back to watching Days Of Our Lives. *sighs* At least with Days there's the rumor of a queer character coming to the show.

Still, this just totally sucks. Though it reminds me to ask:

Are there any other soap fans in my circle? If so, which do you watch? How did you get into them?
st_aurafina: Rainbow DNA (Default)

[personal profile] st_aurafina 2011-04-15 02:41 am (UTC)(link)
I'm not a soap fan (though Days of Our Lives was a staple during my college years.) but I have much sympathy.
medie: queen elsa's grand entrance (caprica - sam - serious)

[personal profile] medie 2011-04-15 03:16 am (UTC)(link)
When I watch now, it's generally the Young & The Restless for some reason. I must confess, I do kind of enjoy that one. Some awesome performers. For years, though, I watched General Hospital and I was grandmothered into that one. She never missed an episode when she was alive. Took years after she died for me to stop wanting to turn it on every afternoon.