So I re-watched Star Trek XI about an hour ago, for the billionth time, and I was struck by how I still get teared up and squeal-y at all of the appropriate places. I mean, usually my reactions to a film dull with repeated re-watchings, but this one keeps them all fresh. Which is awesome.
Also, I got The Children of Kings in from the library last week, after having it on hold for weeks. I'm trying to finish my current book (California Demon: The Secret Life of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom), because I do like it, but the call of Pike and Number One is strong, you guys. I already love Pike, and I'm curious to see more of Number One since so many on my flist love her (and c'mon, anyone I have mentally cast as Jen Garner is damn fine in my book) and I want to love her, too.
My Summer of Reading - July 16th
- Gifts by
cards_slash - Star Trek XI, Pike/Kirk - "He glances at the nurses and the doctor behind the counter as they glare at him. They know, of course, about everything he’s smuggled in up his shirt sleeves, they just don’t have any proof. “Hi,” Kirk says."
- Coming up orchids by
ineptshieldmaid - Star Trek XI, Sulu & Gaila friendship fic - A daily life snapshot: Sulu grows orchids and sleepy Orions in his greenhouse.
- The Reigning Champion by
azephirin - Star Trek XI, Sulu/OMC, NSFW - "And should I just call you Reigning Champion?" (Puck's Note: OMC is James.)
- In The Tongues Of Men And Angels by
azephirin - Star Trek XI; Kirk/McCoy, Kirk/Gaila, Spock/Uhura, Pike/Number One, Sarek/Amanda, Scotty/Palamas, McCoy/OFC, Chapel/OFC, Sulu/OMC; NSFW - Ten ways to be in love. (Puck's Note: Original character pairings are - McCoy/Grace, Sulu/James.)
- Competitive Urges by
lokifan - Harry Potter, Harry/Draco - The eighth-years are banned from the house teams. Harry really wants to play some fucking Quidditch.
- Trying by
lokifan - Harry Potter, Harry/Draco, NSFW - Sometimes even Malfoys have to work for their pleasure.
- the wild bird's abiding place by anonymous - Twilight, Leah/Bella - Prompt: face. "Leah isn't sure why she let Bella run to her."
- Untitled Drabble by
kitausu - Star Trek XI/House MD Crossover, Gaila/Thirteen - Prompt: dying young
- Untitled Drabble by
sophia_gratia - Shakespeare (A Midsummer Night's Dream), Helena/Hermia, NSFW - Prompt: One Year Later
* The Uncertain Trumpet by
bliumchik - X-Men, Scott Gen, AU - Prompt: the material for his visor and glasses was never developed so he had to adapt to being permanently blind.
- In The Lost Lands by
azephirin - Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Leverage Crossover, Tara/Parker - Then shall I turn my face, and hear one bird sing terribly afar in the lost lands.
- Summer Days & Dragonflies by
woldy - Harry Potter, Ginny/Luna - The smooth expanse of Luna's skin is like a canvas.
- Bring Your Good Times by
azephirin - Star Trek XI, Kirk/Spock/Uhura, Pike/Number One, McCoy/OFC, NSFW - We're gonna have a good time tonight. (Puck's Note: OFC is Rian.)
** Where My Secrets Echo by
azephirin - Star Trek XI, McCoy/OFC, NSFW - You know me now, but to do better than that, you've got to follow me. (Puck's Note: OFC is Rian.)
- These Walls Thy Sphere by
azephirin - Star Trek XI, McCoy/OFC, NSFW - The first, second, and third times. (Puck's Note: OFC is Rian.)
- white collar 2.01: something about the women, and more by
neifile7 - White Collar, Meta, SPOILERS - I have squee, but also thinky thoughts that I hope will harsh nobody else's. Spoiler and teal deer alert.
* Rec Alert: The Uncertain Trumpet is a Festibility fill, so it already gets awesome points in my book. But the best part about it was that Scott's codename in this AU is Medusa. alksfsaj How awesome is that?!
** Rec Alert: Holy shit, Where My Secrets Echo is hot! Rian is an amazing OFC, and I've fallen completely in love with both her and her relationship with McCoy. This is just one piece in a larger 'verse, but it can definitely be read alone.
Also, I got The Children of Kings in from the library last week, after having it on hold for weeks. I'm trying to finish my current book (California Demon: The Secret Life of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom), because I do like it, but the call of Pike and Number One is strong, you guys. I already love Pike, and I'm curious to see more of Number One since so many on my flist love her (and c'mon, anyone I have mentally cast as Jen Garner is damn fine in my book) and I want to love her, too.
My Summer of Reading - July 16th
- Gifts by
- Coming up orchids by
- The Reigning Champion by
- In The Tongues Of Men And Angels by
- Competitive Urges by
- Trying by
- the wild bird's abiding place by anonymous - Twilight, Leah/Bella - Prompt: face. "Leah isn't sure why she let Bella run to her."
- Untitled Drabble by
- Untitled Drabble by
* The Uncertain Trumpet by
- In The Lost Lands by
- Summer Days & Dragonflies by
- Bring Your Good Times by
** Where My Secrets Echo by
- These Walls Thy Sphere by
- white collar 2.01: something about the women, and more by
* Rec Alert: The Uncertain Trumpet is a Festibility fill, so it already gets awesome points in my book. But the best part about it was that Scott's codename in this AU is Medusa. alksfsaj How awesome is that?!
** Rec Alert: Holy shit, Where My Secrets Echo is hot! Rian is an amazing OFC, and I've fallen completely in love with both her and her relationship with McCoy. This is just one piece in a larger 'verse, but it can definitely be read alone.