Follow Friday Time!
Sep. 17th, 2010 04:04 amI just got a paid account here (woot, go DW!), so I figured it was high time I started making my own posts for Follow Friday.
Communitites
psych - A fandom community for the USA show Psych, the community is a bit on the slow side and could use some new members to really jazz things up. C'mon, bring the pineapple and join the party!
sherlockbbc - A fandom community for the BBC show Sherlock. Because the epic love of both Sherlock and Watson needs to be shared, and because the modern AU is just more fun.
access_fandom - Fandom can have its share of disability and access woes, as well as highlights. This is a community to discuss them all, share articles, and to brainstorm new ways of doing things. This comm also recently hosted Festibility 2010, which I was thrilled to participate in.
cryptozoo - A community devoted to cryptozoology, this comm never really got busy. I'd love to see more members and more posts there, because cryptozoology is such an interesting field.
bechdel_test - Applying the Bechdel Test to movies, this community discusses those that pass, those that are close to passing, and those that fail miserably. The more members there are, the more movies that can be discussed, and the more fun can be had by all. The archives also include some interesting looks at movies and movie trends.
fic_promptly - It's like comment_fic on LJ, only better organized and more fun.
cookability - I've only recently found this community, and I'm in love with it. It's devoted to sharing recipes that are easy for people who have limited emotional or physical energy. I'd love to see more people posting and sharing, particularly some more veg*n recipes!
Feeds
psych_news_feed - I created this feed to bring the LJ newsletter for Psych fandom to the reading pages of DW users. That way we can keep up on all of the Psych love from our home base.
disabledfeminists_feed - A feed for the blog FWD/Feminists With Disabilities. I love the site and the posts being discussed, and like being able to read them from my reading page even better.
cakewrecks_feed - This feed and blog almost always makes me laugh until I cry. A feed for the blog Cake Wrecks, it has posts about the worst professionally decorated cakes around.
Communitites
Feeds
(no subject)
Date: 2010-09-17 10:54 am (UTC)AND YAY COOKING COMMUNITY XD;
(no subject)
Date: 2010-09-17 01:38 pm (UTC)And yes, I love cooking comms. This one in particular, because so many vegan cookbooks and the like require hours of preparation and cooking time, and I usually just don't have the spoons for it.
(no subject)
Date: 2010-09-17 02:01 pm (UTC)Lol, if you're a fan of tofu we have this dish where you just fry it and dip it in a store bought sauce. XD;