originalpuck: Hermione looking determined, says "Wizard Google, AKA: Ask Hermione" (Wizard Google - AKA: Ask Hermione)
[personal profile] originalpuck
My wife and I are going to Chicago this Saturday and Sunday for her birthday, because my SiL got us tickets to see the Distant Worlds concert. I'm pretty geeked about it, but my wife is freaking out because we're pretty broke. We're going to stay with her cousin (I've never met her, but she sounds nice), but she's still freaking out about food and entertainment.

So I was wondering if any of y'all could help me with some ideas. I want to make it a fun and special trip for her, even though our budget is pretty slim. Do any of y'all know of any fun and cheap things to do in Chicago on the weekend?

I was thinking of doing a brunch picnic by the lake on Sunday, and the concert is at 2pm on Sunday, but beyond that I'm kinda clueless. Help!

(no subject)

Date: 2011-06-24 02:27 pm (UTC)
kellyfaboo: Photo Shadow of me July 09 (Default)
From: [personal profile] kellyfaboo
Just so you know The Taste of Chicago is going on right now. Which comes with some free stuff, but eating at the taste is a bit pricy. And it creates some people congestion.

But http://explorechicago.org/city/en/things_see_do/event_landing/special_events/park_district/musical_acts.html might have some interesting acts to check out.

(no subject)

Date: 2011-07-12 11:41 am (UTC)
kellyfaboo: Photo Shadow of me July 09 (Default)
From: [personal profile] kellyfaboo
I'm glad you all had fun!

(no subject)

Date: 2011-06-24 06:32 pm (UTC)
birgitriddle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] birgitriddle
Don't have any suggestions for you, but I'm so excited for you guys being able to go to a Distant Worlds concert. :D Those concerts are effing awesome and I'm kinda envious you get to go to one of the Chicago concerts because I think at one of them they're premiering the Distant World's version of one of my favorite pieces of music from Final Fantasy IX. But I'm just going to hope that they play it at the Baltimore concert.

But mostly excited for you and your wife. :D

(no subject)

Date: 2011-07-12 11:22 am (UTC)
birgitriddle: (FFX - Yuna Dance)
From: [personal profile] birgitriddle
I've cried a bit at the two concerts that I was at, but when I'm in public, crying at a performance or a movie, I always cry silent tears because...I don't know, music and beautiful stuff makes me cry from time to time.

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags